July 17, 2012

TdF Days 16 & 17

Days 16 & 17 progress:

Chocolate Rainbow

This is four ounces of the alpaca/silk blend in the Chocolate Rainbow colorway from Abstract Fiber.  I plied this on Sunday afternoon and Monday morning.  Love the colors.  Picture is hot off the niddy noddy and pre-finishing soak.  Although I spun worsted, it seems a bit fuzzier than I expected.  This required a lot more twist than I expected too, both in the spinning and in the plying.  Somewhere in my stash I have some 100% alpaca fiber that I think I'd like to try as a comparison - would it require as much twist as the blend or was that because of the silk content;  is the fuzziness a characteristic of all alpaca or just that one, etc.  Just not right now.  Maybe in a month or so.

I also started plying up the cotton, and that too requires a lot of twist.  It's slow going so I will continue working on it as a change of pace from regular spinning.




Brought To Me By
Audiobooks: 
DVDs etc: Charmed S1; Veronica Mars, S1; 
Pod/VideoCasts:  Yarnspinners Tales; The Knit Girllls,  Sticks & String; 

No comments: