January 4, 2013

Looking Ahead to 2013

  
 

I've been looking over the vast (and I do mean vast) amount of stash I have and realized 2013 must be the Year of the Stashdown.  I believe I have reached S.A.B.L.E. (Stash Acquisition Beyond Life Expectancy)   Seriously, I have about 90 pounds of fleece and fiber and another 25-30 lbs, at least, of commercial and handspun yarn.  Spinning the fleece/fiber is fine but really only moves it from one stash to another.

   

The only way to really reduce stash is to USE IT, sell it, or give it away.  Sooo, that's what I'm going to do.  2013's goal is to use, sell or donate one third of my stash.  That's forty pounds of yarn.  That's a lot of yarn, and honestly, I don't really think I will reach that goal, but it is something to work towards.

  

And I do believe it gives me a legitimate excuse for some Selfish Knitting.  I'm thinking sweaters and lots of socks and maybe a shawl or two or three.  And of course, charity knitting; I've really fallen behind on that over the last few years.   Bad Knitter - Shame on Me!  (If I used all the yarn I got specifically for charity knitting, I'd empty one whole bin - that's gotta be a couple of pounds right there.)

Hmmm, forty pounds. Guess I should put down the iPad and pick up the needles

No comments: