May 2, 2012

Brought To Me By...

Off My Spindle: The Merino/tussah silk blend in the "Jewel" colorway from Enchanted Knoll Farms is finished. I just love all the colors and wish I'd had the foresight to get more than two ounces. See:

Jewels closeup 1

Gorgeous colors! I ended up with 317 yards of chain (Navajo) plied yarns in the sport/heavy fingering range (22-24 wpi). That's 951 yards of singles from two ounces of fiber.

Also finished is Batch 1 of the Texel cross fleece. For this batch I got eight small skeins of 3ply yarn. I am spinning this long draw from hand carded rolags and loving it.

Texel cross batch 1

Batch 1 totalled 272 yds of 3ply (816 yds of Singles) that are soft, airy and squishy and I can't wait to work with. Reminds me why I like spinning woolen so much! I'm thinking of spinning up some brown/black fleece I have to go with this and making a fair isle yoke sweater.

On/Off My Needles:
Not much knitting done at all. A Hexipuff or two, and a gauge swatch.



Brought To Me By... All this spinning the past few weeks has been accomplished with the following audio &/or video accompaniment: Dr. Who, Hawaii Five-O, True Blood, Shaun the Sheep, The Knit Girllls, Round the Twist, the Knitmore Girls, Knitting Pipeline, Knitting Brooklyn and Subway Knits.

No comments: