April 13, 2012

The Margarethe Blues

Alas, my Knitting Mojo has gone the way of the dodo, and that's one of the reasons I've got the Margarethe Blues. The other is the Margarethe Lace Shawl. Or more specifically, the feather and fan based pattern in the shawl's border.

I have always had a problem with this pattern and this time is no exception. It's a simple enough pattern, but for the life of me I cannot keep the stitch count right. I've checked for errata and found none. It's just me. Can anyone say frustrated!

So the shawl is in timeout, at least until Sunday when I can sit down with it and figure out where I went wrong, how many rows I need to tink back, and PUT IN A LIFELINE! Also, I'd rather be spinning. And I know myself well enough to know that if I force myself to work on the shawl while my mindset is elsewhere, I'll only mess it up so bad I'll have to frog instead of tink.

In the meantime, I'm getting a lot of plying done, and that pleases me greatly,

No comments: