July 22, 2010

Tour de Fleece Part 2

Little late on the TdF update, I know. Got KO'd by a migraine & vertigo for a couple of days, and well, you know how it goes. But I'm still plugging away on the spinning UFOs. I've plied most of the Cold as Ice with only a little bit left to go. So far I have two skeins of 2ply (415 yds total) at a prewash average wpi of 19. Probably get another 50 yds or so out of what's left to ply.

Cold as Ice 2ply

Next up is the Intentions roving which will be another 2ply. I already have one ball of 2 singles waiting to be plied, as well as one "bobbin" of singles waiting for a mate (which I'll spin tonight).

Intentions roving TdF

My challenge for the TdF was to learn to n-ply which I'm probably not going to get to during the TdF, but I'll get to it, in a week or so, maybe. I'd be learning just so I know how and not necessarily because I'll use it. It seems more trouble than it's worth to me, and I'm not a stickler on keeping colorways intact. I kinda like the way the colors on predyed roving when handspun blend together.

No comments: