April 3, 2014
I've done a fair bit of fiber prep and spinning during March and also some knitting. Enough knitting that I did manage to finish a couple of projects.
OFF MY NEEDLES:
The Fleegleized Panda socks I started on Jan 3rd are finished.
They are toe-up using the stitch pattern from Hermione's Everyday Socks by Erica Lueder and Fleegle's No Flap heel. The yarn is Panda Cotton, a bamboo/cotton/nylon blend which I found to be very splitty. It was annoying enough that I don't think I'd use this yarn again. Also, I'm not into ankle socks so I had to use every scrap of yarn to get a decent size sock leg. I did like the heel pattern and would use it again.
I finished my first regulation cap of the year for the Socks For Soldiers group. It was started on February 28th and finished on March 22nd, using tan Regia 4ply yarn (color is off in the picture).