July 21, 2013

In the Midst of Spinning, Knit Happens


 
 
  Off My Needles/Hooks:
 
  Summer Mystery shawl closeup (unblocked) 
  Summer Mystery shawl closeup
 

The 2013 Summer Mystery Shawl KAL by Wendy Johnson is done. I really liked this pattern and will make at least one more, probably two.  I did the large size, using 957 yds of Zen Yarn Garden Serenity Sock II (Merino, Cashmere & Nylon 80/10/10 blend). That's two skeins plus 20% of the third skein.  I tried it on hot off the needles and it was wide & long enough unblocked, so should be nice and cozy when blocked. Unblocked dimensions are 74 inches wide and 35 inches deep at center.


   This is a quick picture right off the needles (forgive the dangling ends & messy bed)
  Summer 2013 Mystery shawl

On My Needles/Hooks:  
 
 

With all this lace knitting, I needed a pair of vanilla socks to freshen my palate, so I went stash diving and came up with a skein of Lisa Souza Sock! In the Newtown color way, which looks like this (pic from her website):


Newtown colorway Lisa Souza Sock!

Newtown was one of the first sock yarns I bought when I started making socks, oh so many years ago. I'm about three inches down the first sock leg. I'm a little tired of afterthought heels so the Newtown socks shall have Sweet Tomato Heels.


 

I also cast on the Cauchy socks by Cookie A using the Garnet colorway of Lisa Souza Sock! Another long ago sock yarn purchase. For this one I'm about five inches down the first sock leg.


Also on my needles/hooks are some odds and ends for the Hogwarts at Ravelry games: preemie hats, hexipuffs and coasters.

 
  
 
Brought To Me By: Crafting accomplished with the following audio/video accompaniment:    
  Audiobooks:. Succubus Dreams by Richelle Mead                
  DVDs etc:  NCIS; Bones; Angel; Charmed;                        
  Pod/VideoCasts:  The Knit Girllls; Round the Twist; The Knitmore Girls; Knitting Pipeline; The Anatomy of Knitting; Cast On; Two Tangled Skeins;                          
 

No comments: